buccal fat removal for men is a cosmetic procedure that involves the removal of buccal fat pads from the cheeks. These fat pads are located in the lower part of the cheeks and can contribute to a round or fuller facial appearance. The procedure is often sought by individuals looking to achieve a more sculpted or defined facial contour.
During the surgery, the surgeon makes an incision inside the mouth and removes a portion of the buccal fat pads. By reducing the volume of these fat pads, the procedure aims to create a slimmer, more defined contour to the cheeks and face.
In men, Buccal Fat Removal in Iran can be performed to create a more angular or chiseled look to the face by reducing the fullness in the lower cheeks. It’s important to note that while this procedure can offer a more defined appearance, it’s crucial to consult with a qualified plastic surgeon or cosmetic specialist to understand the potential risks, benefits, and realistic expectations associated with the surgery.
Are the Results of buccal fat removal for men Permanent?
The results of buccal fat removal for men in Iran can be long-lasting, but whether they are entirely permanent varies from person to person.
The surgery involves the removal of a portion of the buccal fat pads in the cheeks, reducing the volume in that area. Once the fat is removed, it doesn’t typically grow back in the same quantity. However, the aging process, changes in weight, and natural shifts in the face due to factors like gravity can still affect the overall appearance of the face over time.
The outcomes of buccal fat removal for men in Iran can be influenced by various factors such as:
- Age: As you age, your face naturally changes due to factors like collagen loss, which can affect the way the results of the surgery appear over the years.
- Weight fluctuations: Significant weight gain or loss can affect the way your face looks. While the removed fat won’t return, weight changes can alter the overall appearance of your face.
- Genetics: Individual genetic traits play a role in how your face ages and changes over time.
- Lifestyle: Healthy habits like a balanced diet and skincare routine can contribute to maintaining the results of the surgery.
buccal fat removal for men Risks and Side Effects in Iran
Like any surgical procedure, buccal fat removal for men in Iran carries potential risks and side effects. Here are some to consider:
- Swelling and Bruising: Common after surgery and may take some time to subside.
- Infection: Though rare, any surgical procedure carries a risk of infection. Proper post-operative care can significantly reduce this risk.
- Nerve Damage: The surgery involves delicate areas near nerves, which can lead to temporary or, in rare cases, permanent numbness or altered sensation in the cheeks.
- Asymmetry: There might be a chance of uneven removal, leading to asymmetry in the cheeks.
- Unsatisfactory Results: Expectations might not match the final outcome. It’s crucial to discuss realistic goals with the surgeon.
- Recovery Time: The recovery period can vary, and some individuals might experience prolonged swelling or discomfort.
- Scarring: While incisions are made inside the mouth, there’s still a risk of scarring, although it’s generally minimal and hidden.
- Complications from Anesthesia: Any surgery involving anesthesia carries potential risks, such as allergic reactions or adverse effects.
- Long-Term Changes: The removal of buccal fat can lead to permanent changes in facial appearance, which might not align with future aesthetic preferences.
It’s essential to thoroughly discuss these risks with a qualified and experienced cosmetic surgeon before proceeding with the procedure. Understanding potential complications, adhering to post-operative care instructions, and following up with your surgeon for scheduled visits can help manage and mitigate these risks.
Is Buccal Fat Surgery Safe?
Buccal fat removal surgery for men, when performed by a qualified and experienced surgeon, is generally considered safe.
The safety of the surgery relies significantly on several factors:
1. Surgeon’s Expertise: Selecting a board-certified plastic surgeon or a facial cosmetic surgeon with experience in buccal fat removal for men is crucial. Their skill and experience can greatly influence the safety and success of the procedure.
2. Preoperative Evaluation: A thorough evaluation of your health, medical history, and facial structure by the surgeon is important to determine if you are a suitable candidate for the surgery.
3. Understanding Risks: Discussing potential risks and complications with your surgeon beforehand allows you to make an informed decision. This includes risks such as infection, swelling, bruising, nerve damage, asymmetry, and dissatisfaction with results.
4. Postoperative Care: Following the surgeon’s instructions for postoperative care and attending follow-up appointments are crucial for a smooth recovery and to minimize risks of complications.
How do they remove buccal fat for men?
The removal of buccal fat pads for men involves a surgical procedure known as buccal fat removal for men or buccal lipectomy. Here’s an overview of the process:
1. Anesthesia: The procedure usually begins with the administration of local or general anesthesia to ensure the patient is comfortable and pain-free during the surgery.
2. Incisions: The surgeon makes small incisions on the inside of the mouth, typically in the area between the cheek and gums, near the second upper molars. These incisions are made to access the buccal fat pads.
3. Fat Removal: Using specialized surgical instruments, the surgeon carefully identifies and removes a portion of the buccal fat pads. The amount of fat removed varies based on the patient’s desired outcome and the surgeon’s assessment.
4. Closure: Once the desired amount of fat has been removed, the incisions inside the mouth are closed with dissolvable sutures.
5. Recovery: Recovery from buccal fat removal for men is usually relatively quick compared to more invasive procedures. Patients may experience some swelling and discomfort, and they are often advised to follow specific post-operative care instructions provided by the surgeon.
Diet after buccal fat removal
After buccal fat removal surgery for men, maintaining a proper diet can aid in the recovery process and promote healing. Here are some general dietary guidelines that may be recommended:
1. Soft Foods: Initially, sticking to soft or liquid foods for a few days can be helpful. This includes items like soups, broths, yogurt, smoothies, mashed potatoes, and pureed vegetables. These foods are easier to consume while the mouth is healing.
2. Avoid Hard or Crunchy Foods: Foods that require excessive chewing or may potentially irritate the surgical site, such as chips, nuts, hard candies, or tough meats, should be avoided in the immediate post-operative period.
3. Stay Hydrated: Drinking plenty of water is crucial for overall healing. It helps in maintaining hydration and aids in the recovery process.
4. Gradual Transition to Solid Foods: As the healing progresses and discomfort decreases, gradually reintroduce soft solid foods into your diet. Chew carefully and on the opposite side of the surgical area to avoid putting pressure on the operated site.
5. Follow Surgeon’s Instructions: Your surgeon will likely provide specific dietary guidelines based on your individual case and the extent of the surgery. It’s essential to follow these instructions diligently for a smooth recovery.
6. Avoid Straws and Smoking: Using straws or smoking can potentially disrupt the healing process or cause complications, so it’s often recommended to avoid them during the recovery period.
Click to read more about: Diet after buccal fat removal
Will I regret buccal fat removal for men?
Deciding whether or not to undergo buccal fat removal for men, like any cosmetic procedure, involves careful consideration and understanding of both the potential benefits and risks. Regretting the decision can be influenced by several factors:
- Expectations: If expectations are unrealistic or not aligned with what the surgery can achieve, there might be a risk of dissatisfaction. It’s crucial to have a clear understanding of the potential outcomes and discuss realistic goals with the surgeon.
- Individual Variations: Each person’s body responds differently to surgeries. While some individuals might be pleased with the results, others might not achieve the desired look or might experience unforeseen changes that lead to dissatisfaction.
- Changes Over Time: The face naturally changes with age, and the results of buccal fat removal for men might evolve over the years. Some people might find that their aesthetic preferences or facial ideals change over time, leading to potential feelings of regret.
- Potential Complications: While uncommon, there are risks associated with any surgery. Complications, though rare, can lead to dissatisfaction if they significantly impact the outcome or cause unexpected issues.
Before undergoing buccal fat removal for men
- Have a thorough consultation with a qualified and experienced surgeon.
- Discuss your goals, concerns, and expectations openly.
- Understand the potential risks, benefits, and limitations of the procedure.
- Review before-and-after photos to get a realistic idea of what the surgery can achieve.
- Take your time to make an informed decision.