Dental Implants in Iran; All You Need to Know
Dental Implants in Iran is a dental treatment to restore and replace a lost tooth. In this treatment, a base compatible with the human body called a fixture that is similar to a screw is inserted into the bone. It is welded to the jawbone and supports the abutment; then, the abutment connects the screw to the crown. A dental implant is used to replace one tooth or the whole mouth, and this method has a success rate of over 95% and prevents bone and gum degeneration. Also, this treatment has the highest longevity and strength and the most similarity to natural teeth. Stay with Avamedi for a more detailed examination of dental implants, as the subsequent sections provide a comprehensive overview of dental implants in Iran. Dental implants in Iran are a prevalent, sought-after, and trendy dental procedure. Iran has earned a reputation as a prime location for superior dental implant procedures that are both high in quality and competitively priced. Dental implants are an enduring resolution for replacing missing teeth and restoring oral function and aesthetics. There are numerous highly expert surgeons In Iran; dental implants in Iran are performed by proficient and experienced dental professionals who leverage advanced techniques and modern tools. The cost of dental implants in Iran is noticeably more budget-friendly in contrast to a multitude of other countries.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants replace tooth roots. Implants provide a strong substructure for permanent (fixed) or removable teeth that are compatible with your natural teeth. The dental implant is made of pure titanium, which is compatible with the human body. Its shape is a narrow rod that is inserted into the jawbone. It is said that dental implants are the best replacement for missing teeth today. The remarkable point about it is that if it is appropriately kept in reasonable condition after being placed in the jawbone, it will have a very long durability. Despite progress in dental care, millions of people suffer from toothache, which is mainly due to tooth decay, periodontal (gum) disease, or injury. For years, the only treatment options available to people who had lost teeth were bridges and dentures. But today, Dental implants are available. Next, it is better to know what are the types of dental implants. And what are their uses? Typically, there have been two different types of dental implants:
An endosteal implant is an implant that is placed inside the bone, but a subperiosteal implant is an implant that is placed on the jawbone and under the gum tissue. Today, subperiosteal implants are no longer used because, compared to endosteal implants, they show feeble results and less strength in the long term.
Why Iran for Dental Implants?
Iran undeniably stands out as the premier choice for patients considering dental implants in Iran. There are several reasons for considering dental implants in Iran, which include:
- Experienced, knowledgeable, and professional dental specialists and implantologists with an extended track record of performing thousands of successful dental implants in Iran. To mention, Dr. Azadeh Irani is one of the top-notch dentists in Iran.
- The cost of dental implants in Iran is much lower compared with other countries, mainly European countries. It has led to having dental implants in Iran while receiving the best treatment, care, and support.
- Medical tourism infrastructure is another critical factor. If you seek help from the best online healthcare providers in Iran, they will accompany you throughout your journey. For expert advice and assistance in your medical journey, we recommend contacting Avamedi Health Group, which is readily available to provide comprehensive consultations and guidance to ensure a smooth experience.
- Last, a significant cultural legacy and a divergent arrangement of tourist landmarks are determining elements when taking dental implants in Iran into account. Individuals can go sightseeing and enjoy the historical sites as well as try tasty and various Iranian cuisines.
Dental Implants Cost in Iran
The cost of dental implants in Iran ranges between 390 USD to 900 USD. Despite the cost of other medical procedures, which mainly rely on the experience and skills of the surgeon, the cost of dental implants in Iran predominantly relies on the type of brand of the implants. The price and cost of dental implants in Iran are different depending on everyone’s unique needs, and a specialist dentist will indeed estimate this cost during the preparation of the tooth. However, one of the most important things that determine the cost of dental implants in Iran is the type of treatment performed. The patient must be visited for free to estimate the approximate price of the dental implant so that the consultants can give the patient information on the approximate price of the implant. In the meantime, there are many factors affecting this cost, including the type and materials used, the complexity of the treatment, the number of treatments performed, the technology used, and the selected dental specialist.
It should be noted that the cost of dental implants in Iran is always higher than other dental cases, taking into account the intricate and complex nature of this operation, which necessitates a high level of expertise and responsibility from the dentist. Within all these cases, it is necessary to note that despite the high price of dental implants, many people replace this method with traditional forms, including removable prostheses, because they know that dental implants have long-term benefits despite their higher costs. Implants can last a lifetime for many patients, and patients can benefit much from this.
How is Dental Implants Procedure Done?
The surgical method may be different depending on the type of implant implanted and the patient’s condition. Therefore, it cannot be said that there are, for example, ten steps for dental implants in Iran. However, there are a number of steps that are common to all existing techniques. These steps are explained below. Here is a guideline for the stages involved in the dental implant surgery procedure:
- Planning to start treatment: The first step of dental implant procedures is to visit a dental specialist and surgeon. Physical examination of the teeth and examination of the person’s health, along with taking teeth X-ray images or additional imaging techniques, are among the most essential steps that are performed at this stage.
- Preparing for surgery: Initial examinations allow your dentist to determine whether you need additional treatments, such as bone grafting. Depending on the amount of bone mass required, bone grafting can be performed at the same time as implant surgery or in a separate session for dental implants in Iran.
- Planting implants: This stage can be different for each patient, depending on the number of implants needed and the complexity of the individual’s condition. Typically, this stage of implantation can take between 1-6 hours. You will be given a local anesthetic to numb your mouth area completely.
To connect the implants to the jawbone, the gum tissue is opened, and the bone area where the implant is to be placed is exposed. Then, the dental specialist uses a special drill to create the implant space and then places the implant base in the jawbone. Then, the gums are sutured.
- Recovery stage and convalescence period: After completing the procedure, the next step will be the dental implant recovery period. The base of the implant implanted in the bone should be surrounded by bone tissue over a while, or the bone should fuse with it. The recovery period will take between 4 and 6 months.
- Attachment of abutment and crown: Once your gums have healed, your dentist will attach the abutment to the base of the implant (the same screw in the bone). Then, the dentist mounts a temporary crown on the abutment. This crown is not yours, and after a unique dental crown is made for you, the temporary crown is also removed. The process of preparing and attaching your implant crown typically takes about 4-10 days.
- Post-treatment care: It is common for some people to experience bruising and tissue swelling following dental implants in Iran. This condition is usually a short-term side effect, and the long-term success of your new implant relies on good oral hygiene.
You should observe your oral and dental hygiene more and visit your dentist or specialist every six months to check the health of the implant. Also, having a healthy diet that does not require a lot of chewing is one of the essential tips after surgery.
Dental Implants in Iran Recovery
Some patients return to work on the same day or one day after dental implants in Iran. This treatment method is associated with a bit of pain, which can usually be reduced with over-the-counter drugs. However, on average, the dental implant restoration and recovery time is between 4 and 6 months so that the treatment can be completed thoroughly. Dental implant recovery time is a complex process that can be different for each person. In other words, it cannot be said that because one person was able to recover entirely with one recovery method, another person can recover quickly with the same method because the body’s metabolism and other issues that can affect a person’s recovery are different.
Advantages of Dental Implants in Iran
Dental implants are the best replacement for one or more missing teeth. This method of treatment is considered a permanent method; Because the fixture or the base of the implant is fixed in the jawbone in the form of a screw and creates a bond. Implants are usually made of titanium or ceramic, which are very compatible with the body. For this reason, patients are not worried about their dental implants because these teeth are more durable than all prostheses. If you still haven’t found a replacement for your missing teeth, it’s better to read about this treatment method. By checking the benefits of dental implants and consulting with a dentist, you can achieve good results. The benefits of implants are considered to be fundamental issues that the patient should be aware of before starting the treatment process. In this method of treatment, the implant fixture serves as natural tooth roots, which is why the implant is considered a long-term solution. Therefore, the implant creates a natural smile, prevents the possibility of jawbone loss, and improves the function of the teeth. The following are also among the most important advantages of dental implants:
- Preservation of adjacent teeth: choosing an implant to replace missing teeth is considered an independent solution because, unlike “dental bridges” that are placed on natural teeth and part of the primary tooth and side teeth are shaved down during the installation process, The implant is installed without damaging the adjacent teeth. Therefore, the adjacent teeth are kept in perfect health.
On the other hand, if there is a problem with the implant, the adjacent teeth will not be affected.
- Maintaining jaw balance: When a tooth is lost, other teeth will also be lost if not replaced quickly with a prosthesis or implant. Failure to replace a lost tooth causes several problems, which appear very quickly. Teeth are not independent units and play a fundamental role in creating balance with each other. The teeth adjacent to the fallen tooth quickly move toward the space after the tooth is removed. As a result, the coordination between the upper and lower jaw is lost, so after a few years, the adjacent teeth and the opposite tooth must be extracted.
- Long durability: Unlike other prostheses, dental implants have long durability, and prostheses need to be replaced over time.
- Easy care and maintenance: After the implant, the patient should take care of the implant as they do for the natural teeth. On the other hand, having an implant, the patient is free to eat any food and will not have to worry about the implant breaking or changing its color.
- No side effects: The implant does not interfere with the patient’s speech and ability to chew.
In conclusion, dental implants in Iran are highly well-regarded due to experienced dental specialists, affordability, and a thriving medical tourism infrastructure. Dental implants are a long-lasting solution for replacing missing teeth and restoring oral function and aesthetics. Iran offers a broad spectrum of cultural and tourist attractions, making it an enchanting destination for dental implant patients. The cost of dental implants in Iran differs depending on factors, namely the type of implant and materials used. The dental implant procedure involves several stages, including planning, implantation, recovery, and the attachment of abutments and crowns. The recovery period typically takes 4 to 6 months, and post-treatment care and good oral hygiene are essential for the long-term success of dental implants in Iran. Dental implants offer countless benefits as a permanent solution for replacing missing teeth. Made of biocompatible materials like titanium or ceramic, dental implants are highly durable and long-lasting. They preserve adjacent teeth by avoiding the need for shaving down neighboring teeth, ensuring their health. If you find yourself in need of answers or additional information, Avamedi Health Group is just a message away, providing expert assistance.